Friday, August 10, 2012

Crocheted Bangles Tutorial


So I came across these fuzzy bangles from Anthropologie, and I couldn't help but think how easy they'd be to make in a variety of styles.

What you'll need:
  • bangle
  • yarn

Different types and thicknesses of yarn will produce different results. The kind used in the Anthropologie ones is very fuzzy, but I like the more polished look of these. Different sizes of bangles will also produce different looks as well. If you can tell from the picture, the inner two bangles were thicker than the outer two. I have a lot of metal bangles at home that I was able to use for this, but you can use household objects as well if you don't have any. I have heard of using yogurt containers, etc. It won't matter when it's covered in yarn!

Tie knots all the way around the bangle using the yarn like so.




















It will start to look like this.


And the best part is that they're very quick to make, so make more in other colors!


Soon you'll have a stack! I love how quiet they are too, and don't clank together :)






No comments:

Post a Comment